Currently we are mainly carrying out the recycle of flocculants materials and their applications on dyewastewater, with aims on recycle and reutilization of water sludge. We are conducting research in the areas of solid waste recovery, reutilization of steel slag, the technologies for preventing cement / concrete from corrosion and their properties study, with emphasis on the industrial applications.
In order to reutilize the solid wastes, the possibility and ways of reutilization of organic and inorganic solid wastes were studied.
1. Reutilization of inorganic solid wastes
(1) Reutilization of water sludge: Recycle was obtained by a synergistic effect of acid and ultrasonic waves on flocculants from water sludge. The recycling flocculants can be used for the wastewater treatment; the porous adsorbents can be obtained in the condition of high-temperature from water sludge to remove heavy metals in the wastewater.
(2) Reutilization of industrial solid waste: The industrial solid wastes can be activated by adding additives under the action of mechanical force, and then turn into the mixture of cement based materials and concrete. Environment-friendly materials, such as photocatalysts, absorbents, and flame retardants can be made from the fly ash and residual wastes of flue gas desulfurization. In addition, they can be used in the field of wastewater treatment and flame retardants, etc.
2. Reutilization of organic solid waste
(1) Recycling of waste organic polymer materials: Polyurethane foam materials have a good bio-load function. The discarded polyurethane foams will have various active functional groups on their surface by the modification, so they easily adsorb microorganisms to improve the environment for microorganisms growing, to enhance the ability of microbial degradation. The polymer flame retardants can be produced by the discarded polymer materials of polystyrene.
(2) Reutilization of paper sludge: Pulp fibers, the main components of paper sludge can be recycled for the production of paper, with modification of paper sludge.
3. Cement-based composites.
(1) The stimulate technology of inorganic industrial wastes: The study of the effects of mechanical activation and chemical activation on the activity of alloy industrial wastes provides the important theoretical support for the alloy industrial wastes in the application of cement-based materials.
(2) Road-based course composites: Research on inhibition of semi-rigid pavement contraction and improvement of anti-cracking performance, provides a basis for optimization design of road semi-rigid.